It is easy to donate your car, truck, van, SUV, boat, motorcycle, RV, ATV, trailer, airplane, and other motorized vehicles to help us help veterans and their families.
How to Donate your Vehicle
Schedule Vehicle Pick-Up
- Call 1-855-500-RIDE (7433) or visit our GCVF page on the CARS website to fill out the online form.
- CARS will contact you within 2-3 business days to set up a convenient pick-up time.
- A licensed tow company will pick up your vehicle at no charge.
- The tow truck driver will provide you a donation receipt at the time of pick-up.
Sale of the Donated Vehicle
- CARS will take the vehicle to one of their sales locations. They will evaluate and make necessary repairs to the vehicle to ensure the maximum amount for each donation.
- CARS will use auction houses to sell the majority of vehicles.
- GCVF will receive the full amount of the vehicle’s sales.
Tax Deduction Receipts and Forms
- You, the donor, will receive a “thank you” letter, which will serve as your tax receipt.
- If your donated vehicle sells for over $500, in addition to the “thank you” letter, you will receive the “IRS Form 1098-C, Contributions of Motor Vehicles, Boats, and Airplanes,” as long as you have provided your tax identification number.
Therefore, in return for your donation, once the vehicle is evaluated, repaired, and sold, you will receive maximum tax deduction while GCVF receives the amount for which the vehicle was sold. All proceeds will be used to continue to provide current services and help develop new ones for our local veterans and their families.
Are you ready to donate your car or other motorized vehicle to help veterans and their families in our area? Click here.
Do you have any other questions? Please select one of the following options below: